Traffic Offenses in South Lake Tahoe, California
The Law Office of Adam T. Spicer is pleased to offer defense of most traffic offenses and violations. The California Vehicle Code along with local City and County rules, define the offenses for which drivers can be cited. Typically most Vehicle Code violations are infractions under the law. However, some can be misdemeanors as well.
California Rules of the Road
- Driving at an unsafe speed
- Driving over the maximum speed limit
- Failing to stop at stop sign or traffic light
- Illegal turns
- Illegal lane change
- Cell phone use while driving
- All traffic offenses will show on your driving history. However, only those that carry a point value will count against you.
- The DMV keeps a public record of all your traffic convictions and collisions. Each occurrence stays on your record for 36 months, or longer, depending on the type of conviction.
- The Negligent Operator Treatment System (NOTS) is based on negligent operator points and consists of a computer generated series of warning letters and progressive sanctions against the driving privilege.
- You may be considered a negligent operator, when your driving record shows one of the following “point count” totals:
- 4 points in 12 months
- 6 points in 24 months
- 8 points in 36 months
- Attending traffic school in the state of California will eliminate or prevent one point from attaching to a driver’s record.
- Traffic school is a great option to prevent a point from attaching to your DMV record if you plea guilty or are convicted of a traffic offense.
- You may only attend traffic school once every 18 months. If you receive two traffic citations within an 18 month period you will only be able to attend traffic school for one of the violations.
- The Law Office of Adam T. Spicer can take care of your entire traffic matter without you ever having to step foot in the courtroom.
- Unless your testimony will be required at trial, there is no reason for you to put in the time and expense to attend court for a traffic offense. So save yourself the hassle and let an experienced lawyer handle your traffic case.