Trespassing is a very common offense in Lake Tahoe. Contact the Law Office of Adam T. Spicer to discuss today!
- Most people think of a “no trespassing” sign on a fence when they think of trespassing offenses.
- It is correct that you may not enter onto private property if there is a “no trespassing” sign posted
- The other part of trespassing is that it is illegal to remain on private property if your permission to be there has expired.
- The important part of that is that a person must have notice that they are no longer allowed to remain on private property.
- Generally, that is accomplished by someone asking a person to leave their property or business. The act of being asked to leave (or getting kicked out or 86’d) is the notice that permission to remain on private property has expired.
- The most common trespassing offenses in Lake Tahoe occur at casinos, bars and nightclubs. Usually a person will be asked to leave and they will refuse to leave. After a few requests to leave a person can be arrested for trespassing.
- The other common offense is after a person does leave the private property, they re-enter and get arrested for trespassing.